Safe School Program
Safe School Program
Safe Environment Program at Cardinal Newman School
- Cardinal Newman School has a Safe Environment Program. This program is mandated by the US Bishops and their CHARTER. The objective of this program is to protect our children. Involvement in the program is required by all who have regular access to our children. This includes all Cardinal Newman School faculty, staff, substitutes, volunteers, coaches, parents, as well as any other outside personnel having access to our children. The components of the program can be located under the Child Protection section of the Diocese of Charleston website.
Required Screening and Reporting Forms
Forms that are required to be on file in the Cardinal Newman School Office for working or volunteering at CNS.
- Policy Concerning Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
- Acknowledgement Form
- Code of Conduct
- Background Screening Forms
- Diocesan Policy Regarding Confidentiality and Abiding by Catholic Principals
- Safe Haven - Click here for instructions on how to sign up and take the Safe Haven online course. Once you have completed the course, please print or download the certificate. Bring a copy of the certificate to the main office once you have received the certificate, or email it to Nancy Briggs at email@example.com.
- Adult Hold Harmless
Support and How to Report Allegations of Sexual Misconduct - Forms, documents, and links that will assist you in reporting an allegation of sexual misconduct or victim assistance:
- Victim Assistance Minister Diocese Licensed support for the Victim
- How to report an allegation of sexual misconduct by church personnel Defines who are mandatory reporters and steps to follow for reporting abuse
- Sexual Misconduct Or Abuse Report Form
- The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
If you cannot access the website or links, information can be obtained from the School's Main Office.